Wednesday, February 10, 2010

story people....

While in Decorah
we did a drive-by photo shooting of one of my favorite things.
Story People.... We didn't take the time to go in....it might not have even been open on a late Saturday afternoon.
I love what they do there. I like the things they make.
It is quirky stuff. I'm not even sure how describe it....
HERE is the link.

Years ago, in a scrapbooking magazine, there was a page with a picture of a little girl. Also on that page were these words:
Are you a princess? I said & she said
I'm much more than a princess,
but you don't have a name for it yet here on earth.

I thought it was wonderful! I ended up putting it on a quilt as the border and giving it to Madison. I don't have a picture handy to show though. I will have to talk to my sister.

Another one I thought would be great on a quilt is:
There has never been a day when I have not been proud of you, I said,
though some days I'm louder about other stuff so it's easy to miss that.

Of course, I haven't done this yet...but I really think it would work for any of my kids or
even tractor joe.

(this is in no way and admission that I might get loud or even yell)

No comments: