Friday, February 12, 2010

my fudge cake......

Way last Sunday, I said if we don't have school on Monday I will make some Fudge Cake.

Well,



we didn't have school and I did some

real

homemade

baking......





...another name is...

Chocolate Settle Cake

(that's what my Mom calls it)

3/4 cup sugar

1 cup flour

3 tablespoons cocoa

2 tsp. baking powder

1/4 tsp. salt

1/2 cup milk

1/3 cup melted butter

1 1/2 tsp. vanilla


In medium mixing bowl combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Blend in milk, melted butter and vanilla. Stir it until smooth. Pour into small square pan. (8x8x2)

Mine didn't pour, it was thick, it was more like spoon into cake pan.




The filling: (the magic part)

4 tablespoons cocoa

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup water


Put these next 4 ingredients into a small sauce pan and warm it on the stove until all the sugar is dissolved. Then gently pour it over the cake batter. Do not stir.


Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.


Let it cool down. Serve it with ice cream or cool whip or real whipped cream.

I am thinking I should make another one. This one only lasted a few hours.



1 comment:

Tanya said...

Ooh! YUM! I DO NOT NEED TO MAKE A CHOCOLATE CAKE! But yours looks so good!