Before we could head south to Des Moines, we had to head east. It was still early. The sun hadn't been up to long. It was the start of a glorious day here in Iowa.
Karen had a list of names and numbers of different brands of machines...we looked at all of them. We played with all of them. Doing some free-motion quilting didn't seem so hard.
This is the machine that really captured Karen's heart. Miss Melody....she sat here the longest playing with it and talking to the gals in the booth about. Karen was falling in love.
Meanwhile, I was a few chairs down sewing these pre-cut fleece squares together on a serger. The gals said to sew all I wanted....(they wanted me occupied, then they could concentrate on Karen and Miss Melody, they could see she was so close to saying yes, "I want this machine!") The small blankets were going to be donated to the Methodist Hospital for the preemies. It was rather addicting doing this and so easy!! I still don't know why I would want a serger though. What does one do with a serger anyway??? (the yellow was more lime green)
Even though we were "just looking"....Karen said yes to the machine! As luck would have it, we didn't have to haul the box ourselves! One of the gals in the booth said, "Dad will carry it out to your car." But we parked way up on the north end of the building. We were told that was nothing to walk. OK! Off we went......
He walked rather fast. But, Karen never left his side. She was staying close to Melody the whole time. I on the other hand was side tracked....I had to stop for one more picture.
They have windows that over look the area where the vendors are. I had to grab a picture of that....
These are pictures I have so far. I need to go empty my bag and show what fun stuff I found at the show. But first, it is 10-10-10 today. I am going geocaching to help make today the biggest log day, EVAR.
I will keep posting things as I get pictures. Karen still has the pictures of yesterday's cache right outside building!!







4 comments:
YIPPEE...Karen has a new 'toy'!!!
......clapping...clapping
I enjoyed your trip...I kind of thought Karen would come home with a new machine!
Thanks for sharing your trip. Oh boy, a new toy for Karen!
Oh what fun! Your pictures brought back this summer's quilt show memories. Good for your friend!!! Hope she has fun with Miss Melody!
Post a Comment