It feels like not much is getting worked on around here, but really it is. Just slowly. The penguins are ready to be quilted. As soon as I get some backing, I will send it in for quilting.
I started quilting something myself .....and ran out of the thread I was using on the top. It doesn't show so well, it is a variegated pastel color. It is an old embroidered top.
It is getting straight lines on the diagonal. When we were looking at quilts at the show, there was one that was machine stitched like this....right over the embroidery. I figure if they can do it, I can do it too.
My lines aren't the straightest and there are some sewn up puckers on the back....eeek. But over all I am pleased with how it is looking. The top belongs to a friend who gave it to me years ago...I forgot about it.
I hope she did too. It will be such a surprise when I give it back to her. I'll show the whole thing when I get it finished.
Then there is my quilt-along. The blocks were laying there, so I grabbed them and started putting them together. I can't believe how fast this has gone together. The outside stars are also sewn up into strips. All I need is the outer/inner border to put it all together. Both Karen and I have made this quilt. We traded blocks. One of mine is in hers. Her block is the middle one. Here is the link to the Quilt-along ....
My plan was to work on binding today (no school)....amazing what you can find to work on when you don't really want to work on binding.




3 comments:
Your peguin quilt top is wonderful!! Your quilting on the stitched top looks great to me. I love the colors in the Quilt-along. You have been very busy!
Love the penguin top........ and yes, some cute little penguin fabric would be perfect for the backing! That embroidered top is just so sweet...... :)
Oh My...cute penquins...that's for sure! I think your little white stars look like snowballs!!
Your little embroidery piece is just FAB....and WOW...I'm impressed...YOU ARE HAND QUILTING!
WOO HOO
Post a Comment