Saturday, July 18, 2009

"burn it" "no, I love it"




I bought this rickety old table at an auction several years ago. I would either fix it up nice or use it as a picnic table.
Since what I really needed was a table outside, that is what it became....and for 10 bucks, I thought that was a really good deal.
Tractor joe said it was junk........sigh........so he never participated in the rehabilitation of this sweet thing.....

...which is why every few years I needed to find power tools, nails, screws and a hammer to make it sturdy again.



I had painted it white a few years back. The paint is cracking just perfectly.

The legs were splitting so I nailed them back together.
The top was coming off the base last year. You had to be careful when moving it.
This week I reattached all of them......made it as level as possible. Tacked down a table protector thing, looked like batting........and I don't know where it came from, but I had it..........and then an outdoor tablecloth on top of that.

I love my picnic table and it should last for several more years.
Throwing it away is not and option yet!!!

No comments: