I had shown Amanda my quilt making label kit and in about 2 seconds of thinking about it......she wanted to make one too.
After she finished with the binding.........she still had a little bit of time to work on the label.
I set her up on the couch with my version of a lightbox...

All you need is a glass shelf that was tucked away in the basement and flashlight held between your feet. It actually works well. Unless the phone rings and you don't want to move just yet....
The next step was to sew it on. We found a stitch that she was comfortable with and would look nice when she finished. Then it was time for her to go home. She took the needle and some floss and off she went.
It took a couple days of sewing here and there to get it all done. She was so excited by it. She called me every 2 inches or so to tell me how well it was going....here is a closer view...

......and best of all...Amanda was finally able to give her gift to Carter and I think he loves it too

I love it when babies lift up their arms and they barely go over the top of their heads.
I have a quilt for Carter too, it not done yet though.

No comments:
Post a Comment