Tuesday, July 21, 2009

letters and stamping

I had declared July to be "scrapbook month" and I have done a lot of pages, but ideas for small quilts were rattling around in my brain and needed to come out....the following pics are what is laying on the livingroom floor righ now.
Most of the things aren't sewn together yet....I'm collecting pieces to add here and there...not sure what they will turn out like.... That's what can take me forever and a day to figure out....
Karen's stamps came in handy for some coffee cups. They looked so 30's-ish when I finished them.....I didn't think they went with my coffee word...so they will be in a different mini quilt....I'm not sure about the border.....
I may end up setting it in the drawer until some plan emerges out of my brain. First I will stare at it for a few days.
Hopefully it won't be on the floor to much longer.

The exact quote from Benjamin Franklin is:

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

I still need to stamp the last part of the quote. You get the idea though. I've been making two of everything too. So actually that is 6 mini quilts in the making. I guess that is not so bad.
Except they are all over the livingroom and to top things off.....


Crispy is going out for football this year. He came home yesterday with his gear....and plopped it right in the middle of the floor...and there it still sits.....I think I will go declutter and then get back to thinking about what to do next with the quilts.




No comments: