Tuesday, March 2, 2010

mini heart quilt....

This is a very easy to assemble mini quilt.
I will tell you what I did....
the link for Mrs. Moen's directions are at the bottom of this post.
I grabbed a scrap piece of batting from near my sewing machine.
I applied some heat and bond (cut to roughly the same size)....
then started laying scraps of fabric on it, overlapping slightly.
Everything was then ironed down.
Since it was for an aniversary, the words happy love were stamped on.
Becareful of little b's d's p's and q's....they can be confusing.
anyway....
I used acrylic paint, it dries quickly.The next layer was tulle. I used white and it was a "finer holed" kind....
Mrs. Moen's looked like bigger gaps on hers. I seemed to work just the same.
I also used my favorite wavy stitch, not straight lines like the origonal.

When the wavy stitching was all done, I marked a heart in the center.
I zigzagged a couple times around the heart sewing down this funky, hairy yarn.
Then I put the binding on. The whole thing only took a couple hours.
http://mrsmoenhowtos.blogspot.com/search/label/Make%20a%20Heart

I think next time I will use lighter fabrics...then I can stamp more words all over it.
I am guessing this is about 12 x 12 inches.

No comments: