Saturday, March 27, 2010

reading material and project....

Cloth*paper*scissors magazine has old issues for sale at half-price. I have seen it in the stores, but never bought an issue.
But lately I have been more intrigued by this mixed media stuff.....it all looks so interesting....so I bought three of them.
Oh my goodness....I spent part of the morning sipping coffee, and pouring over these issues while sitting on my bed.....so delightful!

Crispy had received a Amazon gift card at Christmas....I bought it from him and ordered
Journal Spilling by Diana Trout. It is almost like a work book...full of techniques....

For now I will just continue to study it....eventually I will actually do something.

My other latest book came from Gwen. I LOVE this book....and I love Gwen for buying 2 and sending me one!!!

My bunnies came out of here!! I have a few more made now.

The angel got me thinking......
I have plans for her.





Since I am deviating from the pattern....I thought I better plan just a bit....
I needed to find out how wide words were when I stamped them with ink....
As I started gathering and making pieces for my angel quilt....I could see that, to make things work the way I wanted them to....
she had to be made backwards.




My angel quilt will be just like the original....only different. I think I will go back to working this one....as I was laying things out it became apparent...
I need paint....
I am off to make more elements.....




2 comments:

Tanya said...

Please give us some hints from Journal Spilling!

Gwen said...

I love the backward angel - It's so cute!