
Last week, when I was gathering up skinny scraps, I felt like trying some string blocks. A long time ago I tried using muslin for the base....that seemed so thick when I finished.
So this time I tried it on paper. Plus they were small....only 4 inches finished. Heaven forbid I jump at it in a big way.
They were fun to do. I made 12 of them.
In a big way.....Hers are 8 inches.
We both agreed that our favorite part was trimming these weird shaped blocks back down to a perfect square.
I am pretty sure she will go for a whole big quilt. I love the start of it!
I ended up using 4 of mine to make a small table top sized quilt. It is about 16 inches square.
I don't know what I will do with the other 8 blocks. For now they are tucked away until further notice....waiting to come back out....to be part of something big or small.
I sewed the border the same way...on paper....and look at this.....
there is even binding on it!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment