Summer time....county fairs and 4H projects.
Last year my niece, Amanda (full circle skirt Amanda)
came over to work on binding for a quilt that would be in the fair.
This year it is a hand bag.
Yesterday she sewed these strips together and started quilting them.
Then it was time for her to go home.
I had gone looking for Halloween stuff to sew on and found forgotten stuff.
A panel I have because it was in a $5.00 scrap bag at the quilt shop....
and a forgotten charm pack I bought a couple years ago.
Merry and Bright.
There was even some striped fabric...already on the diagonal.
There was even some striped fabric...already on the diagonal.
The binding!!!!
The block I used for Frolic worked so well I used it again.
She had to wait while I finished quilting the wall hanging.
Then it was her turn to finish the quilting on her bag.
The most exciting part was creating the "box" that would be the handbag.
while she sewed, I took a quick picture on my wall hanging so far.
It only needs the binding.

The next step for Amanda was to cut the lining and get it ready, and set it aside.
Then add the band where grommets will go at the top....
they will have the strap/handle woven in and out to close the bag.

It is taking shape and looking so cool.
Next up...adding the lining to it.
That will be the next sewing session.
The most exciting part was creating the "box" that would be the handbag.while she sewed, I took a quick picture on my wall hanging so far.
It only needs the binding.

The next step for Amanda was to cut the lining and get it ready, and set it aside.
Then add the band where grommets will go at the top....
they will have the strap/handle woven in and out to close the bag.

It is taking shape and looking so cool.
Next up...adding the lining to it.
That will be the next sewing session.


1 comment:
oops, one more thing...she wants pockets on the inside. so we need to figure that out next. they need to be the size of her cell phone and camera.
Post a Comment